Monday 28 January 2013

(FOOD) TO DO'S

Here are a few bits from the kitchen that I think you outta try:




Apple Chips - my parents own a dehydrator and make the best beef jerky. However, their most recent concoction using the dehydrator is apple chips. When I was home, I got to try theirs - so delicious (and addictive)! I devoured an entire large freezer-size Ziploc of them, and my Mom sent another bag back to Toronto with me. Since then, I've made my own using this recipe.

Veggie Fritters - last autumn, I had some leftover spaghetti squash and so I decided to make veggie fritters. They were tasty, but I'm still working on perfecting my recipe as mine was lacking that wow-factor! Do you have any good recipes that you'd recommend? How about using carrots and zucchini instead of spaghetti squash? What other vegetables could you use?

Kale Pesto - within the past couple of years, I have fallen in love with kale. I never used to like winter produce in Canada but since discovering kale, I've changed my mind. Not only is kale a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K, but it's delicious, too! Plus, you might be surprised to find that there are tons of ways to use kale - in salads and soups, baked as chips, in place of tortilla wraps, and my personal favourite, in a simple sauté with garlic. I recently purchased a Paleo-approved kale and oregano pesto from Whole Foods, and it was simply delicious. However, at $5 for a small container, I took it upon myself to make my own using arugula and cashews - stay tuned for the recipe!

What's one new thing you made in the kitchen recently or are planning on making?

images and info via a beautiful mess, homegrown, and world's healthiest foods


DISCLAIMER: I am not a nutritionist, physician, or any kind of health professional. Everything that you find on my blog is based on my own knowledge and opinion. If you require specific health and fitness advice, please seek a qualified health professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment